MN Eye Consultants is hiring for a temporary, 0.8 FTE (32 hours/week) Surgical Coordinator in our Ambulatory Service Center. This position serves as the first point of contact for the patients and is responsible for most clerical requirements. Communications with the ASC, both internally and externally, are coordinated by this person.
This position is temporary through the end of the year and will most likely continue into 2021 for an undetermined duration. Hours vary between 5:30am-4pm, Monday - Friday. Bloomington is designated as the home location but travel is required to all Minnesota Eye locations: Blaine, Bloomington, Minneapolis and Woodbury.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Register all patients the day of surgery.
- Verify all patient registration forms are accurate.
- Gather required information, including but not limited to, insurance cards, copy of referral, releases.
- Ensure all appropriate signatures have been obtained.
- Communicate information or delays to the pre-op team.
- Ensure patient’s rights, consents, advance directives are completed and in chart.
- Assemble patient charts pre-operatively and post-operatively.
- Retrieve and file charts accurately.
- Manage incoming phone calls and distributes appropriately.
- File incoming reports. i.e. pathology, laboratory, radiology, history & physicals.
- Maintain specimen and visitor logs per ASC policy.
- Responsible for opening and closing duties of the ASC.
- Maintain and order clerical supplies.
- Assist with data collection for special projects.
- Be a resource for the alarm system and respond appropriately in the event of an alarm being triggered.
- Follow protocol in a calm manner in the event of an emergency.
- Participate in staff meetings and in-services.
- Assist surgery schedulers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Customer service experience
- General computer knowledge
- Experience working in health care or surgery center environment preferred
Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. The team of providers at Minnesota Eye is comprised of sub-specialty trained surgeons, non-surgical ophthalmologists, fellowship trained optometrists, and physician assistants. Our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction and other total eye care or specialty offerings. With five Twin Cities locations and over 25 providers, we are committed to delivering both medical and surgical services in a convenient, community setting.
The culture at Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments. With over 250 employees across all locations, we believe in One Team, All In. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
EEO Employer: Women, Minorities, and the Disabled are encouraged to apply.