PACIFIC EYE INSTITUTE is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at PEI is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
Pacific Eye Institute is currently hiring for a Full-Time Surgery Scheduler.
This non-exempt position will work Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The position is located in Upland, CA and may require occasional travel to other work sites as needed.
The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for the scheduling of all surgical appointments, providing a positive first impression of PEI and being knowledgeable in complex scheduling scenarios and insurance plans. This includes meeting with patients, answering calls, entering demographic information, scheduling appointments, and providing appointment instructions to patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule surgical patients as assigned by management in a clinic setting.
- Obtain and enter accurate patient demographics, including insurance information.
- Complete patient registration via phone at the time of scheduling.
- Coordinate referrals for surgery by obtaining approval from providers and scheduling surgery and all post-operative appointments.
- Schedule and coordinate post-op visits, Ascans, IOL measurements and Pentecams.
- Complete and fax medical clearance requests to PCPs when indicated.
- Maintain patient portal questions regarding scheduling and registration and contact patients back to schedule their requested appointments.
- Receive and complete all tasks sent through the Electronic Health Records.
- Prepare surgical charts and surgical paperwork.
- Keep close communication with surgeons regarding their schedules.
- Arrange co-surgeries and complex surgeries and procedures with external medical facilities.
- Maintain surgery cancellation list.
- Monitor voicemail on a regular basis to ensure patient’s needs are met in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
High school education with one-two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience with a high focus on customer service, insurance plans, and medical background.
Ophthalmology experience a plus.
Licenses, Certifications and Registrations
We offer a competitive starting wage and a comprehensive benefits package available to full-time positions.
Pacific Eye Institute has been providing specialty eye care to the Inland Empire since 1981. Today, Pacific Eye Institute is one of the most comprehensive ophthalmic care facilities in the Inland Empire, with a team of 20+ renown eye specialists offering a broad range of eye care services at 8 convenient locations. Our clinics are located in Barstow, Colton, Eastvale, Hesperia, Rancho Cucamonga, Temecula and Upland. Whether it’s a routine eye exam, inpatient eye disease care, or outpatient surgery, we have an eye doctor ready to serve you.
Pacific Eye Institute and Inland Eye Institute are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners (UVP)!
To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.