The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for the scheduling and registration of all clinic and surgery appointments, providing a positive impression of Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) and being knowledgeable in complex scheduling scenarios and insurance plans. This includes answering calls quickly, entering demographic information, scheduling appointments, and providing appointment instructions to patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule surgical patients as assigned by management in a clinic setting.
- Monitor voicemails closely to ensure patient’s phone calls are answered in a timely manner.
- Obtain accurate patient demographics, including insurance information.
- Complete patient registration via phone at the time of scheduling.
- Coordinate referrals for surgery by obtaining approval from providers and scheduling surgery and all post-operative appointments.
- Maintain patient portal questions regarding scheduling and registration and contact patients back to schedule their requested appointments.
- Receive and complete all tasks sent through the Electronic Health Records.
- Monitor Vital Interactions reminder calls and coordinate recalls.
- Complete RDR forms.
- Arrange co-surgeries and complex surgeries and procedures with external medical facilities.
- Maintain surgery cancellation list.
- Schedule interpreter services for clinic and surgery patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications: High school education with one-two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience with a high focus on customer service, insurance plans, and medical background. Ophthalmology experience and/or surgery scheduling experience is a plus.
Location/Schedule Details: This position is based in our Bloomington clinic, but will be required to travel to each of our locations in the Twin Cities from time to time (Blaine, Minneapolis, Minnetonka and Woodbury). Hours are Monday through Friday with varying shifts from 7:00am-6:00pm.
Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. The team of providers at Minnesota Eye is comprised of sub-specialty trained surgeons, non-surgical ophthalmologists, fellowship trained optometrists, and physician assistants. Our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction and other total eye care or specialty offerings. With five Twin Cities locations and over 25 providers, we are committed to delivering both medical and surgical services in a convenient, community setting.
The culture at Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments. With over 250 employees across all locations, we believe in One Team, All In. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
EEO Employer: Women, Minorities, and the Disabled are encouraged to apply.