Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a full-time Surgery Scheduler within our Patient Access department.
The Surgery Scheduler is part of our scheduling call center and takes inbound calls from patients and customers. This position is responsible for the scheduling and registration of all clinic and surgery appointments, providing a positive impression of Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) and being knowledgeable in complex scheduling scenarios and insurance plans. This includes answering calls quickly, entering demographic information, scheduling appointments, and providing appointment instructions to patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule surgical patients as assigned by management in a clinic setting.
- Monitor voicemails closely to ensure patient’s phone calls are answered in a timely manner.
- Obtain accurate patient demographics, including insurance information.
- Complete patient registration via phone at the time of scheduling.
- Coordinate referrals for surgery by obtaining approval from providers and scheduling surgery and all post-operative appointments.
- Maintain patient portal questions regarding scheduling and registration and contact patients back to schedule their requested appointments.
- Receive and complete all tasks sent through the Electronic Health Records.
- Monitor Vital Interactions reminder calls and coordinate recalls.
- Complete RDR forms.
- Arrange co-surgeries and complex surgeries and procedures with external medical facilities.
- Maintain surgery cancellation list.
- Schedule interpreter services for clinic and surgery patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-2 years customer service experience, preferably within a call center environment
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Ophthalmology experience and/or surgery scheduling experience is a plus
Location/Schedule Details: This position is based at our Bloomington clinic, but may require occasional travel to our Minneapolis clinic. Hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm.
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.