Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule surgical patients as assigned by management in a clinic setting.
- Monitor voicemails closely to ensure patient’s phone calls are answered in a timely manner.
- Obtain accurate patient demographics, including insurance information.
- Complete patient registration via phone at the time of scheduling.
- Coordinate referrals for surgery by obtaining approval from providers and scheduling surgery and all post-operative appointments.
- Maintain patient portal questions regarding scheduling and registration and contact patients back to schedule their requested appointments.
- Receive and complete all tasks sent through the Electronic Health Records.
- Monitor Vital Interactions reminder calls and coordinate recalls.
- Complete RDR forms.
- Arrange co-surgeries and complex surgeries and procedures with external medical facilities.
- Maintain surgery cancellation list.
- Schedule interpreter services for clinic and surgery patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-2 years customer service experience, preferably within a call center environment
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Ophthalmology experience and/or surgery scheduling experience is a plus
Location/Schedule Details: This position is based in our Bloomington clinic. Hours are Monday through Friday with varying shifts from 7:00am-6:00pm.
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.