Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a full-time Surgery Center Assistant for our Ambulatory Surgery Center in Woodbury.
- Assist with the decontamination, sterilization, packaging and storage of instrumentation.
- Keep accurate documentation of the above activities.
- Clean and disinfect the patient carts and other non-critical supplies used during surgery.
- Stock sterile supply rooms as needed.
- Assist RNs with patient admissions, including taking vital signs.
- Prep charts when needed, including tracking history and physical (H&Ps).
- Assist RNs with patient discharge.
- Complete routine monthly cleaning.
- Participate in staff meetings and in-services.
- Minimum of 1 year of medical experience as a medical or nursing assistant or related field required
- Sterile processing experience highly preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Responsive to internal and external customer needs
This position is full-time and will be based in our Woodbury ASC but may be required to work shifts at any of our other surgery centers in Blaine, Bloomington or Minnetonka as needed.
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Sterile processing technician, instrument technician, central processing