Special Testing Assistant
The Special Testing Assistant is responsible for supporting clinical flow by performing visual field and OCT testing for providers. The Special Testing Assistant may also support clinic by assisting with patient histories, basic diagnostic tests, providing patient education, and facilitating contact lens insertion and removal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs patient workups along with preliminary and diagnostic testing including visual acuity, patient history, lensometry if needed, and visual fields in accordance with established protocols.
- Receives and prepares patients for exams or treatment to be performed by administering dilation drops after testing.
- Facilitates efficient patient flow by monitoring schedules and identifies potential schedule conflicts. Notifies appropriate member of management or designee of issues for proper resolution.
- Assists patients with contact lens insertion and removal in the absence of a Contact Lens Coordinator. Provides thorough patient education and training as directed.
- Serves as back up to Triage Technicians to triage patient phone calls and answer questions, complete electronic health records system assigned tasks, and resolve concerns as directed to achieve patient satisfaction.
- Ensures and maintains order in assigned work areas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of six months customer service experience required. Experience working in healthcare settings preferred. Medical Assistant designation desired.
This position is based in our Bloomington location and regularly scheduled M-F during standard business hours.
Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. The team of providers at Minnesota Eye is comprised of sub-specialty trained surgeons, non-surgical ophthalmologists, fellowship trained optometrists, and physician assistants. Our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction and other total eye care or specialty offerings. With five Twin Cities locations and over 25 providers, we are committed to delivering both medical and surgical services in a convenient, community setting.
The culture at Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments. With over 250 employees across all locations, we believe in One Team, All In. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
EEO Employer: Women, Minorities, and the Disabled are encouraged to apply.