Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a Refractive Surgical Coordinator for our Woodbury clinic.
The Refractive Surgical Coordinator is responsible for achieving, if not exceeding, growth targets for our Refractive and Advanced Cataract Package services. This position will meet with patients during their clinic appointment to provide education and counseling based on the recommendations of the physician. This individual will drive the exceptional experiences our patients and referring providers receive when working with Minnesota Eye Consultants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and patient flow expert for Minnesota Eye Consultants’ elective services, such as refractive procedures and processes in order to effectively counsel, educate, upsell, and schedule patients.
- Respond timely and accurately to patient phone and in-person inquiries.
- Provide an exceptional patient experience during the consultation portion of the LASIK evaluation, surgery and Advanced Cataract appointments, including but not limited to, proper patient education and counseling, closing the sale, scheduling, and paperwork/payment collection.
- Track, measure and report on goals and results.
- Participate in outreach appointments, as needed.
- Effectively collaborate with management to promote exceptional patient experience.
- Proactively follow-up with non-committed patients, engaging in the sales and education process.
- Correctly prepare patient charts for upcoming procedures.
- Monitor electronic medical records task box; complete all assigned tasks according to policy and protocols.
- Complete 30-day refractive cards and letters; send to patients.
- Complete Referring Doctor Requests (RDRs).
- Perform ophthalmic patient tests including applanation tonometry, pachymetry, photography, visual fields, corneal topography, OCTs, specular microscopy, lensometry, and other tests necessary to assist in surgical outcomes as requested.
- Coordinate referrals for surgery by obtaining approval from providers and scheduling surgery and all post-operative appointments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education with one-two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of Ophthalmology experience preferred.
- COA, COT or COMT preferred.
This position is full-time, 40 hours, 5 day per week position and will be based in our Woodbury office, but is required to travel to all MN Eye Locations (Bloomington, Blaine, Minneapolis, Minnetonka and Woodbury).
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.