At Unifeye Vision Partners (UVP) our mission is simple: to partner with leading eye care practices and support them in their quest to improve the quality of their patients’ lives. We are building the leading, nationally recognized integrated eye care community in the country through these partnerships and our commitment to upholding our mission and core values.
UVP has a new opening for a Power BI Developer at our corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX.
The Developer will lead the technical team responsible for managing and utilizing data across the enterprise. This role demands proven experience with managing large data sets, administering cloud computing architecture, open-source tools, and performance optimization techniques, as well as demonstrated expertise in application architecture, cloud solutions, emerging technologies, data modeling, data architecture, data warehousing, data migration and business intelligence. This role is responsible for developing the technical roadmap required to achieve business intelligence objectives across the organization, including gathering detailed business requirements from stakeholders and collaborating with engineering teams to deliver the solutions.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Solid knowledge of Power BI and Tableau Desktop report performance optimization.
- T-SQL development skills in Objects creation such as Tables and Views, User Defined functions, Indexes, Stored Procedures, CTE, Cursors and Triggers using SQL Server 2008R 2/2012/2014/2016/2017
- Generate on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Servers Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau and POWER BI.
- Assist in development of data warehouse and ETL systems using relational and non-relational tools like SQL, No SQL and PostgreSQL
- Develop periodic Dashboards and reporting for daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Create various types of charts like Heat Maps, Geocoding, Symbol Maps, Pie Charts, Bar Charts, Tree Maps, Gantts, Circle Views, Line Charts, Area Charts, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs and Histograms in Table Desktop, Power BI and Excel to provide better data visualization.
- Create Excel reports, Dashboards & Performing Data validation activity VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Macros, formulas, index match, Slicer with (Pivot table, Get Pivot Data, Dashboards), Power View, Power Map and Heat Map.
- Expert on Microsoft Power BI and Tableau reports, dashboards and publishing to the end users for executive level Business Decision.
- Proficient in Azure ML, Azure data warehouse for cleaning and making it available for dashboarding and reporting
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis of statistical methods: Regression, Correlation, ANOVA, EDA, PCA, etc. and Statistical modelling experience including Panel/longitudinal data analysis, logistic regression with random effects, machine learning, and small area estimation.
- Experience in complex BI Reports, Dashboards, Project Management, Change/Incident Management, Maintenance, upgrade, Fix pack/Service pack installations, and Root cause analysis, Resolution Methods Time/ Cost/Budget Management.
- Creation of metrics, attributes, filters, reports, and dashboards. Created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data. Act as a Point of Contact in Data Interoperability, Analytics and BI and Production Support issue resolution.
- Contribute to project plan development, offer input, manage projects and initiatives, direct assigned resources, communicate project status and ensure timely issue escalation
- Participate as a top expert and consultant on the most high-risk and complex projects
- Impart subject matter expertise to influence vendors on product design, develop and contribute to third-party contract negotiations where applicable
- Ensure projects comply with technology domain architecture, design and operate processes to help review ongoing activity against technology architecture and development standards
- Apply industry and technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and minimize risk.
- Conduct pre- and post-implementation reviews
- Lead in knowledge transfer meetings with senior management team, other technical areas and business units
- Ensure that the design of data systems, including the Enterprise Data Warehouse, is optimal in order to achieve Clinical, Business and Research goals and outcomes
- Lead efforts to convert existing reporting tools to a standardized reporting infrastructure
- Develop, implement and maintain reporting dashboards and scorecards, automated reporting solutions and other BI solutions to support tactical and strategic reporting needs of the organization.
- Develop strong working relationships with vendor partners to ensure company is receiving optimal tools, support and enhancements
- Assist with identification of data integrity problems and recommend solutions
- Work with internal customers to capture requirements, design, create, document, manage and fulfill requests for on-going and/or ad-hoc reports, dashboards, and scorecards
- Serve as an Informatics Advisor to business and clinical leaders to support understanding of standardized measurement indicators and benchmarks
- Create and deploy standardized financial reporting
- Identify benchmarks and reporting tools necessary to compare operating performance to peers and the industry
- Consult with internal clients to identify, assess, and solve challenging business problems
- Own and drive sophisticated technical solutions to enable clients to maximize the value of their data
- Use best-of-breed, modern data warehouse tools across traditional data warehouses as well as more cutting-edge big data solutions
- Participate in business intelligence projects that include modern, best-of-breed BI solutions
- Develop data architecture plans and execute them in collaboration with Data Owners, Solution Architects & Technology Leads
- Define and enforce architectural standards, procedures, metrics, and policies for data across the enterprise to ensure consistency and adherence to best practices
- Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical and data design approaches that yield actionable recommendations across multiple, diverse domains. Create, maintain, and communicate current and target state data architecture for data domains within an assigned subject area
- Guide application development teams in the data design of complex solutions and ensure that teams are in alignment with the organization’s data architecture principles, standards, strategies, and target states
- Facilitate the transition from high-level design to detailed implementation and support a project lifecycle with input from management where needed
- Work effectively with both business and technical stakeholders
- Strong communication skills to influence others
- Ability to independently learn new technologies and data related approaches
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Critical and conceptual thinking skills
- Demonstrated knowledge working with solution teams to incorporate standards
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Ability to create positive and high-performance work cultures
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and multi-media communication skills in addition to good interpersonal skills
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and organizational skills with a detail-oriented attitude
- Ability to think beyond convention and develop long-term visions to meet future requirements
- Ability to work in a close team environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher degree in IT Systems, Finance, Accounting,
- Minimum of 8 years of experience Developing and implementing Dashboards and Reports
- 3 to 5 years of experience in data management, data warehousing, data modeling, and business intelligence, and/or master data management, metadata management concepts
- 5 plus years of experience in Healthcare-related informatics, performance measurement, or analysis
- 3 plus years of experience in designing and developing performance measurement data marts and automated reporting systems
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience scheduling/automating scripts
- Must have hands-on experience setting up data architecture, security, and ETL processes
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Experience working with Healthcare, financial and accounting systems is preferred.
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.