Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Physician Practice Coordinator position at our Woodbury location.
With accuracy and attention to detail, the primary focus of the Physician Practice Coordinator (PPC) is to manage and be accountable for the assigned Doctor of Ophthalmology’s (MD) practice ensuring successful clinic and surgery days all the while meeting established metrics. The PPC will assist with facilitation of surgeries, procedures and scheduling of return appointments and complete documentation of the patient exam into the patient’s electronic health record (EHR) as directed by the provider. Additionally, the PPC will delegate work to Patient Coordinator (PC) supporting MD accordingly and partners with management to facilitate efficient clinic flow and ensure quality patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage assigned MD’s clinic/laser/surgical schedules to ensure proper flow of appointments and procedures. Monitor encounter volumes, access, and schedule density to ensure providers are on target for budget. Point of contact to manage visitor requests for providers, including necessary correspondence.
- Document patient exam in EHR, scribing all elements of the patient exam including contact lens template, procedure orders, e-prescribing medications and scheduling return to clinic appointment(s). Ensure that coding is complete and charges are captured at the end of the visit.
- Review all chart notes and correspondence daily for accuracy and completeness. Ensure chart documentation meets ICD-10 requirements and referring providers receive proper correspondence and follow up. Ensure all notes are signed by provider within acceptable timeframe.
- Execute special documentation, letters, and other requests with the transcription service.
- Schedule clinic appointments and surgery, including overbooks and other complex scheduling needs, and/or enter recalls in Electronic Practice Management (EPM) as ordered by the MD, including referrals to outside providers.
- Manage schedule requests for urgent appointments and external provider requests.
- Ensure there is a resolution of all patient issues and tasks, making sure to specifically resolve complex issues, and delegate others to PC. Respond to patient inquiries and document concerns in feedback system. Ensure all patient issues are addressed within one business day.
- Counsel/educate patient and family as needed, including the creation of medication grids.
- Run EHR reports at end of clinic and ensure completion of patient documents including but not limited to FMLA, DMV, and disability.
- Complete lens calculations and order implants and/or other items required for surgery, such as medications (compounded or otherwise) and unique surgical supplies and confirm tissue orders.
- Dispense medication and/or over the counter product samples as directed.
- Obtain patient signature on consent documents for in lane procedures. Administer medication during visit and assist in minor clinic procedures.
- Print and dispense glasses and/or contact lens prescriptions as directed.
- Set up exam rooms and treatment rooms for procedures per MD preference. Ensure exam rooms are continuously stocked with appropriate supplies, cleaned between patients and again at the end of each work day, as well as to assist in maintaining public spaces for professional appearance.
- Partner with MD to prepare culture documents, ensure proper storage of specimens, contact lab for pickup, and ensure specimen is in the lockbox for pick up.
- Facilitate new programs, such as procedures, new technology, and drugs, as necessary.
- Manage vendor relationships for those MDs with such arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
At least three years related experience in a medical office or equivalent education required. Previous experience with EHR systems and ophthalmology/optometry experience highly preferred. Bilingual a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Medical Scribe Certification and Aptitude Test (MSCAT)
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.