The Patient Service Representative, Lasik is responsible for using high-level customer service skills to welcome patients into the clinic (including COVID-19 Check-In Protocols where appropriate) along with general clerical duties including: answering phones, scheduling appointments, responding to patient communications (text messages, voicemails), and payment collection.
This full-time position will work Monday-Friday and is located in Rancho Cucamonga. May require occasional travel to other work sites as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for using high-level customer service skills to respond to most incoming patient communication including: incoming calls and appointment inquiries, patient text messages and voicemails, and patient check-in and check-out.
- Maintains an 80% conversion rate for patients calling who schedule an appointment.
- Updates the Customer Relationship Management software (CRM) to record patient inquiries, cancellations, and no-shows.
- Oversight to ensure insurance verifications and authorizations are completed prior to patient appointments (completed by another department)
- Helps maintain an organized front desk and waiting room environment including uploading scans into medical charts, submitting supply orders for approval. Ensures waiting room is in order to receive patients.
- Prepares the batch, bank deposit, and charts according to policy for both surgical and clinical visits.
- Performs others duties as assigned to ensure efficiency and flow of clinic front office.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of ophthalmology terms, conditions, and clinical flow
- High level customer service skills
- External professional communication and customer service skills, demonstrating friendliness and ability to communicate and educate patients.
- Internal professional communication skills with a focus on teamwork.
- Able to clearly document activities in a computer tracking system.
- Organized and can move between multiple tasks while maintaining progress in work and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and processes within an ophthalmic office environment or healthcare experience.
- Basic knowledge of insurance processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates competent mathematical and computer skills, and ability to learn complex computer and software systems including multi-line phone systems and call center systems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum of one year experience in a medical or healthcare office required.
- Experience in ophthalmology or optometry preferred.
- Sales or retail experience preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
We offer a competitive starting wage and a comprehensive benefits package available to full-time positions.
To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.