Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a full-time Patient Service Representative.
The Patient Service Representative is responsible for welcoming patients and visitors to MEC in a warm and friendly manner and helping to prepare for their visit. This includes problem resolution and assisting with paperwork including demographics, insurance information, and collecting co-payments and/or past due balances in a timely manner.
- Welcome patients and visitors in a warm, friendly, prompt manner as the first point of contact in the overall patient experience and assist with navigational needs and appointment scheduling.
- Verify, obtain, enter and update patient demographics, insurance, referring physician, primary care provider, and other required fields as assigned.
- Assist patients with completion of pertinent forms including but not limited to medical history, patient agreement, workers compensation.
- Collect patient payments for self-pay appointments, co-payments, outstanding balances, and fees for contact lens related items.
- Daily cash reconciliation and posting of cash batch.
- Coordinate and assist patients with transportation needs.
- Prepare patient charts in advance for both clinic and laser visits including printing fee tickets for add on appointments.
- Prepare surgery and dry eye patient packets and laser post-op kits.
- Distribute daily visit paperwork.
- Scan patient paperwork into the electronic health record.
- Facilitate lobby safety and cleanliness as well as cleaning lanyards and badges.
- Comply with established standards and protocols of MEC goals and objectives including compliance with HIPAA and PHI standards and protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years related experience
- Customer service experience
- Adaptable and strong team player
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.