We are seeking a friendly, compassionate, and organized patient access representative to join our growing healthcare team. In this role, you will work at our centralized call center. You will be responsible for appointment scheduling and routing calls, sorting corresponding, and maintaining the organization of our office. Performs clinical benefit verification and referrals in accordance with business office and insurance industry policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Able to answer and route large number of calls in a prompt and courteous manner
- Answer patient questions and provide assistance and directions when necessary
- Utilize our medical office software to schedule new and follow-up appointments for our patients
- Register new patients and update necessary records, including patient demographics and insurance coverage
- Ability to verify authorizations
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient records
- Uphold the positive reputation of our medical office by always treating visitors in a friendly, welcoming, and compassionate manner
- Organize and track upcoming appointments by working with daily scheduling reports and staff.
- Review accounts for completeness of insurance information, for the necessity of referrals, pre- certifications, and prior authorizations to ensure reimbursement at the highest level possible.
- Verify insurance with respective insurance companies and file all necessary forms for pre-certifications, and referral requests.
- Verify, update and enter insurance information into the electronic practice management system (EPM) including policy information, benefit coverage, and referrals.
- Identify any potential non-coverage issues and effectively communicate this information to our patients.
- Provide timely responses to voicemail and email inquiries.
- Provide feedback to scheduling staff or appropriate business office staff of necessary waivers or special instructions that may be needed.
- Communicate with patients as needed to acquire necessary information.
- Maintain up to date reference guides and payer requirements.
- Participate in regular team meetings; provide positive feedback and suggestions.
- Other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
Data Entry Skills
Friendly and compassionate disposition
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Strong interpersonal communication skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate degree (AA) from two-year college or technical school; and/or one-year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS