PACIFIC EYE INSTITUTE (PEI) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at PEI is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
Pacific Eye Institute is currently hiring for a Full-Time Patient Access Representative.
We are seeking a friendly, compassionate, and organized patient access representative to join our growing healthcare team. In this role, you will work at our centralized call center. You will be responsible for appointment scheduling and routing calls, sorting corresponding, and maintaining the organization of our office. Performs clinical benefit verification and referrals in accordance with business office and insurance industry policies and procedures.
This non-exempt position will work Monday-Friday from 8:00 - 5:00. The position is located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA and may require occasional travel to other work sites as needed.
- Able to answer and route large number of calls in a prompt and courteous manner
- Answer patient questions and provide assistance and directions when necessary
- Utilize our medical office software to schedule new and follow-up appointments for our patients
- Register new patients and update necessary records, including patient demographics and insurance coverage
- Ability to verify authorizations
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient records
- Uphold the positive reputation of our medical office by always treating visitors in a friendly, welcoming, and compassionate manner
- Organize and track upcoming appointments by working with daily scheduling reports and staff.
- Review accounts for completeness of insurance information, for the necessity of referrals, pre- certifications, and prior authorizations to ensure reimbursement at the highest level possible.
- Verify insurance with respective insurance companies and file all necessary forms for pre-certifications, and referral requests.
- Verify, update and enter insurance information into the electronic practice management system (EPM) including policy information, benefit coverage, and referrals.
- Identify any potential non-coverage issues and effectively communicate this information to our patients.
- Provide timely responses to voicemail and email inquiries.
- Provide feedback to scheduling staff or appropriate business office staff of necessary waivers or special instructions that may be needed.
- Communicate with patients as needed to acquire necessary information.
- Maintain up to date reference guides and payer requirements.
- Participate in regular team meetings; provide positive feedback and suggestions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate degree (AA) from two-year college or technical school; and/or one-year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination.
Certificates, Licensees and/or Registrations Required:
Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
Data Entry Skills
Friendly and compassionate disposition
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Strong interpersonal communication skills
We offer a competitive starting wage and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time positions.
Pacific Eye Institute has been providing specialty eye care to the Inland Empire since 1981. Today, Pacific Eye Institute is one of the most comprehensive ophthalmic care facilities in the Inland Empire, with a team of 20+ renown eye specialists offering a broad range of eye care services at 8 convenient locations. Our clinics are located in Barstow, Colton, Eastvale, Hesperia, Rancho Cucamonga, Temecula and Upland. Whether it’s a routine eye exam, inpatient eye disease care, or outpatient surgery, we have an eye doctor ready to serve you.
Pacific Eye Institute and Inland Eye Institute are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners (UVP)!
To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.