Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Optometric Assistant for our Bloomington clinic.
This position is responsible for performing measurements and tests that provide the physician with the information needed to arrive at a diagnosis and to prescribe treatment. This position primarily works with Doctors of Optometry but may see patients for any MEC provider within their skill-set.
This is a great opportunity to start your career as a one of the Technicians on our MEC team. MEC offers Technicians the ability to gain experience with complex cases and be promoted internally through a developed OT career path.
This position will work Monday-Friday, between 7:30am-8:00pm. May require an occasional 1/2 day on Saturday (1-2 times per year). The home base of this position is the Bloomington clinic, but may be scheduled to work shifts at the other MEC locations as needed (Minnetonka, Woodbury, Blaine and Minneapolis).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and acknowledge all patients and guests according to company standards, anticipate and address service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank others with genuine appreciation.
- Obtain complete patient histories including chief complaint, past ocular/medical history, family medical/ocular history and history of allergies and medications.
- Perform accurate and consistent tests include measurement of: applanation tonometry, pachymetry, photography, visual fields, corneal topography, OCTs, specular microscopy, lensometry, and other tests as directed within the prescribed timeline as determined by the clinic manager.
- Assist with patient pre- and post-op counseling, procedure set up, and performing in office procedures including, but not limited to, corneal crosslinking and dry eye treatments.
- Calibration of diagnostic equipment per manufacturer guidelines.
- Instrument sterilization as needed for clinic.
- Participate in trainings and meet requirements for Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) measures, HIPAA compliance and Protected Health Information.
- Provide insertion and removal training for routine and complex contact lens patients.
- Ensure opening and closing of special testing rooms. Maintain stocking of exam lanes and maintain order in work areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year certificate from college or technical school preferred but not required
- 1 year of related eye clinic experience OR Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant experience
- Knowledge and/or experience with EMR system
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
We offer a competitive starting wage and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is also eligible for a $500.00 hiring bonus with an 12 month service commitment.
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.