Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants has a new opening for a full-time Ophthalmic Technician / Research Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain complete patient histories including chief complaint, past ocular/medical history, family medical/ocular history and history of allergies and medications.
- Perform ophthalmologic tests including applanation tonometry, pachymetry, photography, visual fields, corneal topography, OCTs, specular microscopy, lensometry, and other tests as directed within the prescribed timeline as determined by the clinic manager.
- Assist with patient pre and post-op counseling, procedure set up, and performing in office procedures including, but not limited to, corneal crosslinking and dry eye treatments.
- Calibrate diagnostic equipment per manufacturer guidelines
- Instrument sterilization as needed
- Provide insertion and removal training for routine and complex contact lens patients
- Ensure opening and closing of special testing rooms
- Maintain stocking of exam lanes and maintain order in work areas
- Assists in research subject recruitment activities for participation in clinical studies.
- Identifies patient recruitment opportunities. Screens and schedules potential subjects for visits related to their participation in a research study.
- Maintains logs/database on subject recruitment. Develops, orders and maintains recruitment materials
- Assist with study initiation activities, such as coordinating the delivery of study-related paperwork, equipment, demos, supplies, and participating in study-initiation meetings.
- Serve as the patient contact in areas such as counseling the patient on study medication dosing and study procedures and provides high quality patient care by promptly addressing patient information needs.
- Accurately and efficiently obtain and document special testing according to clinical research protocols
- 1-2 years experience as an Ophthalmic Technician
- 1-2 years experience in clinical research
- Graduate of a Technician training program preferred
- Proficiency within EHR system
Certificates, Licensees and/or Registration
- Basic Life Support within six months of employment
- COA, COT or COMT preferred
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners!
To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.