Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Ophthalmic Technician II for our Bloomington clinic.
This position will work Monday-Friday, between 7:30am-5:00pm. May require an occasional 1/2 day on Saturday (1-2 times per year). The home base of this position is the Bloomington clinic, but may be scheduled to work shifts at the other MEC locations as needed (Blaine, Minnetonka, Minneapolis, and Woodbury).
The Ophthalmic Technician is responsible for performing measurements and tests that provide the physician with the information needed to arrive at a diagnosis and to prescribe treatment. This position primarily works with the Ophthalmologists but may see patients for any MEC provider within their skill-set.
The rewarding Ophthalmic Technician career path at Minnesota Eye offers advancement opportunities, on-the-job training, free courses for Continuing Education credits, and a healthy work-life balance. At MEC, we promote and encourage growth. Team members can work to advance from COA to COT, COMT and even OSA and will be supported on this journey.
We offer a competitive starting wage and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is also eligible for a $1,000.00 hiring bonus with an 18 month service commitment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open exam rooms at the beginning of the shift, ensure all equipment is clean and ready for the doctor
- Obtain complete patient histories including chief complaint, past ocular/medical history, family medical/ocular history and history of allergies and medications.
- Perform and document subjective and objective ophthalmic testing efficiently to provide basic and extensive information necessary for ophthalmic examinations. This includes but is not limited to: history, visual acuities, lensometry (manual and auto), keratometry (manual and automated) visual fields, tonometry, A-scan, B-scan, fundus photography, perform refractive surgery workup’s, assist with basic and complex clinical procedures
- Acquaint all patients with the office procedures to which they will be exposed. Inform patients of the purpose of all tests personally performed and how they will be affected during the tests.
- Assist in the maintenance and calibration of equipment
- Assist with ongoing education and mentoring of staff
- Stock all necessary supplies; clean all equipment and close down exam rooms at the end of the day
- Regularly communicate and interact with Clinic Manager, MD’s, OD’s, and other members of the clinical team
Certificates, Licensees and/or Registrations Required:
- Basic Life Support within six months of employment
- COA, COT or COMT preferred but not required
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners!
To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.