Ophthalmic Technician - $500 Hiring Bonus
The Ophthalmic Technician is responsible for performing measurements and tests that provide the physician with the information needed to arrive at a diagnosis and to prescribe treatment. This position primarily works with the Ophthalmologists but may see patients for any MEC provider within their skill-set.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain complete patient histories including chief complaint, past ocular/medical history, family medical/ocular history and history of allergies and medications.
- Perform ophthalmologic tests including applanation tonometry, pachymetry, photography, visual fields, corneal topography, OCTs, specular microscopy, lensometry, and other tests as directed within the prescribed timeline as determined by the clinic manager.
- Assist with patient pre- and post-op counseling, procedure set up, and performing in office procedures including, but not limited to, corneal crosslinking and dry eye treatments.
- Calibrate diagnostic equipment per manufacturer guidelines.
- Instrument sterilization as needed.
- Participate in trainings and meet requirements for Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) measures, HIPAA compliance and Protected Health Information.
- Provide insertion and removal training for routine and complex contact lens patients.
- Ensure opening and closing of special testing rooms.
- Maintain stocking of exam lanes and maintain order in work areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent plus one-year certificate from college or technical school.
- 3+ years’ experience as an Ophthalmic Technician.
- Comprehensive knowledge of EHR system and ability to use it efficiently preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Certificates, Licensees and/or Registrations Required:
- Basic Life Support within six months of employment
- COA, COT or COMT preferred
Location/Schedule Details: This full-time position is based in our Woodbury clinic, but will be required to travel to all MEC locations as needed (Blaine, Bloomington, Minneapolis, Minnetonka and Woodbury), and hours vary between 7:30am-5:00pm. This position is normally scheduled Monday-Friday, but may require an occasional 1/2 day on Saturday (approx. 1-2 times per year).
Hiring bonus will be paid on first paycheck for external hires. Bonus requires a 1 year service commitment.
Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. The team of providers at Minnesota Eye is comprised of sub-specialty trained surgeons, non-surgical ophthalmologists, fellowship trained optometrists, and physician assistants. Our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction and other total eye care or specialty offerings. With five Twin Cities locations and over 25 providers, we are committed to delivering both medical and surgical services in a convenient, community setting.
The culture at Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments. With over 250 employees across all locations, we believe in One Team, All In. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
EEO Employer: Women, Minorities, and the Disabled are encouraged to apply.