Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Ophthalmic Technician.
The Ophthalmic Technician is responsible for performing measurements and tests that provide the physician with the information needed to arrive at a diagnosis and to prescribe treatment. This position primarily works with the Ophthalmologists but may see patients for any MEC provider within their skill-set.
MEC offers Technicians the opportunity to work with complex cases in many specialty areas, gain additional certifications and be promoted internally through a developed OT career path.
This position will work Monday-Friday, between 7:30am-5:00pm. May require an occasional 1/2 day on Saturday (1-2 times per year). The home base of this position is the Bloomington clinic, but will require travel to the other MEC locations as needed (Minnetonka, Woodbury, Blaine and Minneapolis).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain complete patient histories including chief complaint, past ocular/medical history, family medical/ocular history and history of allergies and medications.
- Perform ophthalmologic tests including applanation tonometry, pachymetry, photography, visual fields, corneal topography, OCTs, specular microscopy, lensometry, and other tests as directed within the prescribed timeline as determined by the clinic manager.
- Assist with patient pre- and post-op counseling, procedure set up, and performing in office procedures including, but not limited to, corneal crosslinking and dry eye treatments.
- Calibrate diagnostic equipment per manufacturer guidelines.
- Instrument sterilization as needed.
- Participate in trainings and meet requirements for Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) measures, HIPAA compliance and Protected Health Information.
- Provide insertion and removal training for routine and complex contact lens patients.
- Ensure opening and closing of special testing rooms.
- Maintain stocking of exam lanes and maintain order in work areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years experience as an Ophthalmic Technician
- Graduate of a Technician training program preferred
- Proficiency within EHR system
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Certificates, Licensees and/or Registrations Required:
- Basic Life Support within six months of employment
- COA, COT or COMT preferred
We offer a competitive starting wage and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is also eligible for a $1000 hiring bonus with an 18 month service commitment.
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners!
To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.