With five locations throughout the Twin Cities metro area, Northwest Eye is among the largest specialty eye care providers in the Midwest. Our environment is both dynamic and adaptable! The variety of patients you interact with each day and cutting-edge eye health practices will keep you at the top of your game.
Northwest Eye has a current opening for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Ophthalmic Technician.
The Ophthalmic Technician accurately and efficiently performs an extensive number of data collection functions as delegated by the physician to allow for proper professional diagnosis of patient’s conditions and instills patient confidence in the treatment. Assists in the training and mentoring of less experience clinical staff.
Northwest Eye offers OT's the opportunity to work with complex cases in many specialty areas, gain additional certifications and be promoted internally through a developed OT career path.
This position is a 40 hour per week position, regularly working M-F between the hours of 7am - 5pm. The home base of this position is Golden Valley but will require some travel to the other Northwest Eye Clinic locations (Maple Grove, St. Anthony, Children's West, Wayzata).
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Open exam rooms at the beginning of the shift, ensure all equipment is clean and ready for the doctor
- Perform and document subjective and objective ophthalmic testing efficiently to provide basic and extensive information necessary for ophthalmic examinations. This includes but is not limited to: history, visual acuities, lensometry (manual and auto), keratometry (manual and automated) visual fields, tonometry, A-scan, B-scan, fundus photography, perform refractive surgery workup’s, assist with basic and complex clinical procedures, scribing, neutralization of contact lenses, fitting and evaluation of contact lenses perform I&R’s, documentation of contact lens orders and pricing, cleaning and polishing of contact lenses
- Acquaint all patients with the office procedures to which they will be exposed. Inform patients of the purpose of all tests personally performed and how they will be affected during the tests.
- Assist in the maintenance and calibration of equipment
- Assist with ongoing education and mentoring of staff
- Stock all necessary supplies
- Clean all equipment and close down exam rooms at the end of the day
- Regularly communicate and interact with Clinic Manager, MD’s, OD’s, and other members of the clinical team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in ophthalmic or optometric practice
- JCAHPO certification preferred but not required
- Contact lens experience preferred
We offer a competitive starting wage and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is also eligible for a $1000 hiring bonus with an 18 month service commitment.
Northwest Eye Clinic provides a wide range of service offerings from comprehensive pediatrics, cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal and retinal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and esthetic services to LASIK and total eye care that allow us to care for all ages, from newborns to seniors. Our doctors, surgeons, and eye care professionals are true professionals with uncommon enthusiasm for education patients about eye care. We make patient education our focus and encourage patients to Be Eye Wise about their eye health.
Northwest Eye and MN Eye Consultants are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners!
To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.