Minnesota Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic have partnered together to provide services to patients through our eyeSHARE Program.
We are currently hiring for experienced Ophthalmic Assistants or Technicians for casual positions.
eyeSHARE Program team members receive comprehensive training at both practices and will work alongside other ophthalmic professionals doing what they love – providing exceptional care to our patients. The successful candidate will receive a premium hourly rate + $500 hiring bonus as well as the opportunity to earn additional monthly incentives.
Location and Schedule
Casual Technicians will typically work 4-5 shifts per month. Shifts are Monday – Friday and occasional Saturdays between the hours of 7am - 5pm. Shifts may be scheduled at any one of our 10 locations within the Twin Cities: Golden Valley, Maple Grove, St. Anthony, Wayzata. Blaine, Bloomington, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, Woodbury and Children's West (Minnetonka),
The eyeSHARE Ophthalmic Technicians are responsible for medical data collection and performing diagnostic testing necessary to allow for the provider to determine diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan. The eyeSHARE Ophthalmic Technicians will work with both ophthalmologists and optometrists, dependent on the extent of their ophthalmic skillset.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Obtain complete medical and ophthalmic histories, as well as chief complaint, allergies, and medications
- Perform ophthalmic tests including visual acuity, lensometry, tonometry, OCT’s, visual fields, corneal topography, fundus photography, retinoscopy and refracting, keratometry, A scan ultrasound, IOL Master, contact lens insertion and removal training, and other tests as ordered by the provider
- Assist with pre and post op education and clinical procedure set-up
- Calibrate diagnostic equipment per manufacturer guidelines
- Ensure proper opening and closing of exam rooms and testing equipment; stock exam rooms with necessary supplies
- Clean and disinfect exam rooms and equipment according to established protocol
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expected to fulfill minimum shifts assigned
- Minimum of one (1) year optometric or ophthalmic clinical experience
- Contact lens experience desired
- JCAHPO certification preferred
- Exceptional team player
Northwest Eye Clinic provides a wide range of service offerings from comprehensive pediatrics, cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal and retinal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and esthetic services to LASIK and total eye care that allow us to care for all ages, from newborns to seniors. Our doctors, surgeons, and eye care professionals are true professionals with uncommon enthusiasm for education patients about eye care. We make patient education our focus and encourage patients to Be Eye Wise about their eye health.
Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. The team of providers at Minnesota Eye is comprised of sub-specialty trained surgeons, non-surgical ophthalmologists, fellowship trained optometrists, and physician assistants. Our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction and other total eye care or specialty offerings. With five Twin Cities locations and over 25 providers, we are committed to delivering both medical and surgical services in a convenient, community setting.
EEO: Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.