With five locations throughout the Twin Cities metro area, Northwest Eye is among the largest specialty eye care providers in the Midwest. Our environment is both dynamic and adaptable! The variety of patients you interact with each day and cutting-edge eye health practices will keep you at the top of your game.
Northwest Eye has a current opening for a part-time (0.5 FTE) Medical Scribe at our Maple Grove location.
The Medical Scribe assists the Doctor of Ophthalmology and/or Optometry in accurately documenting the patient exam in Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and ensuring billing documentation has been submitted. The Medical Scribe partners with other clinical staff to ensure an efficient patient flow and quality patient care.
Location and Schedule:
This position is a 20 hour per week position, regularly working M-F between the hours of 7am - 5pm. It is based at our Maple Grove location, however some travel is expected to all Northwest Eye Clinic locations (Golden Valley, Maple Grove, St. Anthony, Children's West, Wayzata).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document patient exam in EHR, scribing all elements of the patient exam including contact lens template, procedure orders, e-prescribing medications and scheduling the return to clinic.
- Provide patient and family counseling/education as needed.
- Dispense medication and/or over the counter product samples as directed.
- Print and dispense glasses and/or contact lens prescriptions as directed.
- Review all chart notes and correspondence daily to ensure accuracy and completeness. Ensure chart documentation meets ICD-10 requirements.
- Obtain patient signature on consent documents for in lane procedures.
- Set up exam rooms per provider preference, keep exam rooms stocked and clean between patients; cleaned at end of each work day; assist in maintaining public spaces for professional appearance.
- Attend trainings and stay current on requirements for Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) measures, HIPAA compliance and Protected Health Information.
- Schedule return appointments and/or enter recalls in Electronic Practice Management (EPM) as ordered by the provider, including referrals to outside providers
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience within direct patient care or as a scribe in a medical setting preferred
- Strong communication skills and high level of professionalism
- Excellent typing skills
- Reliable transportation
Northwest Eye Clinic provides a wide range of service offerings from comprehensive pediatrics, cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal and retinal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and esthetic services to LASIK and total eye care that allow us to care for all ages, from newborns to seniors. Our doctors, surgeons, and eye care professionals are true professionals with uncommon enthusiasm for education patients about eye care. We make patient education our focus and encourage patients to Be Eye Wise about their eye health.
Northwest Eye and MN Eye Consultants are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.