Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a part-time (approximately 20 hours/week) Medical Scribe in our Blaine clinic.
The Scribe assists the Doctors of Ophthalmology and/or Optometry with documentation of the patient exam into the patient's electronic health record (EHR). The Scribe will also assist with facilitation of surgery and procedure scheduling and scheduling of return appointments as directed by the provider. Partners with other clinic staff to facilitate efficient clinic flow and ensure quality patient care.
Location and Schedule:
This position is based in our Blaine clinic but will be required to travel with the Physician and Physician Practice Coordinator to other MEC clinics as needed based on the Physician's schedule. This position works Monday-Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document patient exam in EHR, scribing all elements of the patient exam including contact lens template, procedure orders, e-prescribing medications and scheduling the return to clinic.
- Provide patient and family counseling/education as needed, including the creation of medication grids.
- Dispense medication and/or over the counter product samples as directed.
- Print and dispense glasses and/or contact lens prescriptions as directed.
- Review all chart notes and correspondence daily to ensure accuracy and completeness. Ensure chart documentation meets ICD-10 requirements.
- Obtain patient signature on consent documents for in lane procedures.
- Set up exam rooms per provider preference, keep exam rooms stocked and clean between patients; cleaned at end of each work day; assist in maintaining public spaces for professional appearance.
- Run EHR reports at end of clinic to ensure completion of patient documents.
- Partner with providers to prepare culture documents, ensure proper storage of specimens, contact lab for pickup and ensure specimen is in the lockbox for pick up.
- Attend trainings and stay current on requirements for Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) measures, HIPAA compliance and Protected Health Information.
- Schedule return appointments and/or enter recalls in Electronic Practice Management (EPM) as ordered by the provider, including referrals to outside providers
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or experience required:
- High schedule diploma or equivalent.
- No previous experience required.
- Great experience for future medical students
- Keyboarding and computer knowledge.
- Previous experience with EHR systems and ophthalmology/optometry experience preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
- 1-2 years related experience in a medical office or equivalent education preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Key Words: Scribe, Medical Scribe, Medical Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Clinical Assistant, LPN