The Medical Receptionist is responsible for welcoming patients and visitors to Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) in a warm and friendly manner and helping to prepare for their visit. This includes problem resolution and assisting with paperwork including demographics, insurance information, and collecting co-payments and/or past due balances in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome patients and visitors in a warm, friendly, prompt manner as the first point of contact in the overall patient experience and assist with navigational needs and appointment scheduling.
- Verify, obtain, enter and update patient demographics, insurance, referring physician, primary care provider, and other required fields as assigned.
- Assist patients with completion of pertinent forms including but not limited to medical history, patient agreement, workers compensation.
- Collect patient payments for self-pay appointments, co-payments, outstanding balances, and fees for contact lens related items.
- Daily cash reconciliation and posting of cash batch.
- Coordinate and assist patients with transportation needs.
- Prepare patient charts in advance for both clinic and laser visits including printing fee tickets for add on appointments.
- Prepare surgery and dry eye patient packets and laser post-op kits.
- Distribute daily visit paperwork.
- Scan patient paperwork into the electronic health record.
- Facilitate lobby safety and cleanliness as well as cleaning lanyards and badges.
- Comply with established standards and protocols of MEC goals and objectives including compliance with HIPAA and PHI standards and protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school degree plus one-two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience with a focus on customer service.
This position is based in our Minneapolis clinic but is expected to travel to all locations (Blaine, Bloomington, Minneapolis, Minnetonka and Woodbury). Hours will vary between 7am-8pm, Monday - Friday, depending on the provider, plus some Saturday mornings.
Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. The team of providers at Minnesota Eye is comprised of sub-specialty trained surgeons, non-surgical ophthalmologists, fellowship trained optometrists, and physician assistants. Our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction and other total eye care or specialty offerings. With five Twin Cities locations and over 25 providers, we are committed to delivering both medical and surgical services in a convenient, community setting.
The culture at Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments. With over 250 employees across all locations, we believe in One Team, All In. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
EEO Employer: Women, Minorities, and the Disabled are encouraged to apply.