Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a full-time Medical Billing Receptionist at our Bloomington location.
Performs various business office functions in accordance with business office policies and procedures to strengthen our Revenue Cycle.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, emails and messages from insurance companies and patients.
- Triaging voicemails
- Assists with benefit questions, balance inquiries, payment plans and insurance related questions.
- Assists staff in billing and collection departments with general office duties.
- Scans documents received from various departments.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail to department staff according to job functions.
- Works correspondence consisting of denials and request for information.
- Pulls documentation (copies of EOBs and charge tickets) as needed by office staff.
- Handles mailing secondary claims to insurance companies, attaching copies of primary EOB.
- Handles mailing collection letters to both insurance and patient as instructed by collection staff.
- Process credit cards on file
- Assist in posting payments collected
- Work various task assigned as needed.
- We strongly prefer candidates with prior medical billing and/or medical office experience (Medical Receptionist, Medical Assistant, Medical Records, Dental Office or similar)
- 6 months plus experience in a medical setting in a customer service role
- Bilingual is a plus!
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.