With five locations throughout the Twin Cities metro area, Northwest Eye is among the largest specialty eye care providers in the Midwest. Our environment is both dynamic and adaptable! The variety of patients you interact with each day and cutting-edge eye health practices will keep you at the top of your game.
Northwest Eye has a current opening for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Medical Assistant/Ophthalmic Assistant in our Maple Grove clinic.
The Ophthalmic Assistant performs diagnostic testing and work-up as delegated by the physician to allow for proper professional diagnosis of patient's conditions and to do so in a way that instills patient confidence in the treatment.
Northwest Eye offers Ophthalmic Assistants the opportunity to work with complex cases in many specialty areas, gain additional certifications and be promoted internally through a developed career path.
This position is a 40 hour per week position, regularly working M-F between the hours of 7am - 5pm. The home base of this position is Maple Grove but will require some travel to the other Northwest Eye Clinic locations (Golden Valley, St. Anthony, Children's West, Wayzata).
We offer a competitive starting wage and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is also eligible for a $500.00 hiring bonus with a 12 month service commitment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform and document subjective and objective ophthalmic testing efficiently to provide basic information necessary for ophthalmic examinations. This includes but is not limited to: history, visual acuities, lensometry (manual and auto), refractometry, keratometry (manual and automated), visual fields, tonometry, assisting with office procedures, perform contact lens I&R’s
- Educate patients regarding diagnostic testing and their clinic visit
- Open and close exam rooms, ensure all equipment is clean and ready for the doctor; stock all necessary supplies
- Inform patients of the purpose of all test performed and how they will be affected during the tests
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Optometry or ophthalmology experience preferred
- JCAHPO certification preferred
- Contact lens experience preferred
Northwest Eye Clinic provides a wide range of service offerings from comprehensive pediatrics, cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal and retinal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and esthetic services to LASIK and total eye care that allow us to care for all ages, from newborns to seniors. Our doctors, surgeons, and eye care professionals are true professionals with uncommon enthusiasm for education patients about eye care. We make patient education our focus and encourage patients to Be Eye Wise about their eye health.
Northwest Eye and MN Eye Consultants are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners!
To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Key Words: Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, CMA, Certified Medical Assistant, Medical Assistant, Ophthalmic Assistant, Ophthalmic Tech, Ophthalmic Tech/Assistant, Ophthalmic Medical Assistant, Ophthalmology Assistant, Ophthalmology Technician, Ophthalmology Technologist, Optometric Tech, Optometric Assistant