PACIFIC EYE INSTITUTE (PEI) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at PEI is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
Pacific Eye Institute is currently hiring for a Full-Time Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN).
The LVN provides support to the providers by handling surgical patient calls, e-prescribing medications, triage patient concerns, answering general patient phone calls and medical administrative responsibilities such as patient paperwork to ensure superior patient care. The LVN ensures that surgical patients are medically optimized for their surgical procedures.
This non-exempt position will work Monday-Friday with shifts varying from early morning to early evening. The position is located in Upland, CA at our Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) and may require occasional travel to other work sites as needed (Colton).
- Triage patient calls regarding ocular concerns. Determines clinic visit necessity and answer and/or direct patients and pharmacies to appropriate resources to respond to their needs.
- Answers patient calls and/or portal requests to provide education, answer questions, etc. to ensure superior patient care.
- Completes preoperative surgical calls (Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC).
- Ensures surgical chart is complete (H&P, blood work, EKG, IOL pick, surgery order).
- Responsible for preparing the patient for the anticipated surgical or laser procedure, including verifying informed consent signatures, completing a pre-operative patient assessment and performing any procedure or administering medications required to prepare the patient for surgery.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure efficient ASC flow and excellent patient care.
Completion of accredited Licensed Vocational Nursing Program from college or technical school.
2+ years’ triage or eye experience, surgical/perioperative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licensees and/or Registrations Required:
Current, valid California Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) license.
Current BCLS certification required.
We offer a competitive starting wage and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time positions.
Pacific Eye Institute has been providing specialty eye care to the Inland Empire since 1981. Today, Pacific Eye Institute is one of the most comprehensive ophthalmic care facilities in the Inland Empire, with a team of 20+ renown eye specialists offering a broad range of eye care services at 8 convenient locations. Our clinics are located in Barstow, Colton, Eastvale, Hesperia, Rancho Cucamonga, Temecula and Upland. Whether it’s a routine eye exam, inpatient eye disease care, or outpatient surgery, we have an eye doctor ready to serve you.
Pacific Eye Institute and Inland Eye Institute are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners!
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.