Guide to Patient Services (GPS)
The Guide to Patient Services is responsible for welcoming and initiating the overall first impression of our patient, employee and guest arrival experience. This position proactively welcomes and engages with our patients, employees and visitors by fielding inquiries, facilitating efficient interactions, and performing COVID-19 screening protocol.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome and engage all patients, employees and guests according to company standards, anticipate and address service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank others with genuine appreciation.
- Conduct required COVID-19 screening protocol according to protocol, including but not limited to, asking COVID-19 exposure and symptom questions to every team member, patient and visitor and providing additional direction based on results.
- Provide directions to the various locations in the building where the individual needs to go.
- Answer questions and provide information about the facility and surrounding area.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Support the team to reach common goals. Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Complies with established standards and protocols of MEC goals and objectives including compliance with HIPAA and PHI standards and protocols. Contact appropriate individual or department to resolve patient requests and problems.
- Maintains comprehensive and accurate knowledge provider location and schedules and general information on a daily basis to provide accurate information to patients and guests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Required
High school education and one year experience in customer service.
Location/Schedule Details: This full-time, 5 day/week position is based in our Minnetonka clinic. Hours vary between 7:30am-5:00pm.
Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. The team of providers at Minnesota Eye is comprised of sub-specialty trained surgeons, non-surgical ophthalmologists, fellowship trained optometrists, and physician assistants. Our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction and other total eye care or specialty offerings. With five Twin Cities locations and over 25 providers, we are committed to delivering both medical and surgical services in a convenient, community setting.
The culture at Minnesota Eye Consultants is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments. With over 250 employees across all locations, we believe in One Team, All In. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
EEO Employer: Women, Minorities, and the Disabled are encouraged to apply.