Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a part time (0.6 FTE) Front Desk/Sterile Processing position at our Bloomington Ambulatory Surgery Center.
Assists the operating room (OR) staff in the organization and daily function of the operating room in accordance with established Federal, State, accreditation standards and the ASC’s policies and procedures. Responsible for instrument decontamination, sterile processing, instrument care and handling, and the required documentation and record keeping related to those activities. The ASC Assistant also assists with patient admissions, patient procedures, care and maintenance of procedural instrumentation, discharging patients, chart preparation and medical records. Communications with the ASC, both internally and externally, are coordinated by this person.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the decontamination, sterilization, packaging and storage of instrumentation.
- Keep accurate documentation of the above activities.
- Clean and disinfect the patient carts and other non-critical supplies used during surgery.
- Stock sterile supply rooms as needed.
- Stock patient care areas with necessary supplies.
- Assist RNs with patient admissions, including taking vital signs.
- Prep charts when needed, including tracking history and physical (H&Ps).
- Assist RNs with patient discharge.
- Register all patients the day of surgery
- Verify all patient registration forms are accurate.
- Gather required information, including but not limited to, insurance cards, copy of referral, releases.
- Ensure all appropriate signatures have been obtained.
- Communicate information or delays to the pre-op team.
- Ensure patient’s rights, consents, advance directives are completed and in chart.
- Manage incoming phone calls and distributes appropriately.
- Responsible for opening and closing duties of the ASC.
- Complete routine monthly cleaning.
- Participate in staff meetings and in-services.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Associate’s degree (AA) from two-year college and/or two years related experience in medical office experience strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current BLS required or must be obtained within the first 60 days of employment.
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.