Ophthalmic Technician (Temporary Assignment)
The LASIK Ophthalmic Technician will provide exceptional customer service in order to facilitate the proper care of all refractive surgery Patients' at Inland Eye LASIK (a division of Pacific Eye Institute). The Ophthalmic Technician will be expected to provide all necessary medical information to assist the Doctor in clinic and help patients move forward with surgery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Patient education LASIK, PRK, PTK, INTACS and IEK procedures performed in the office.
2. Surgery scheduling; complete all necessary paper work, consents, gives pre-op information to patients'.
3. Proper chart documentation of consultation process, testing performed, procedures discussed, surgery scheduled.
4. Proper chart documentation and coding.
5. Assist physician(s) in clinic.
6. Perform general back office testing and specialized testing (wavescan, topography, pacymetry, refractometry, calculate spherical equivalence, transposing from plus/minus cylinder, remove and replace bandage CTL, autorefraction and lensometry, tonometry, BAT, PAM, confrontation visual field, motility, pupil assessment, dilation tests as needed on patients in accordance with established guidelines).
7. Assist physician in all refractive procedures, INTACS, IEK, performed in office.
8. Patient pre/post prep for surgical procedures.
9. Back up front desk as needed; this includes answering phones, checking patients in/out.
10. Other duties as assigned.
This position does not have direct reports or supervisory responsibilities.
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) desired
Medical Assistant desired
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of a High School Diploma
Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and processes within an ophthalmic office environment or healthcare environment experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Good communication skills in person and over the phone
Customer service focused and minded
Ability to act independently and use good judgment
Location/Schedule Details: This is a full-time, temporary position working 40 hours per week in the LASIK clinic. Contract assignment is 4-6 months. The position is located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA and work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Inland Eye Institute (A Division of Pacific Eye Institute) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the Inland Empire. The team of providers at Inland Eye is comprised of sub-specialty trained surgeons, non-surgical ophthalmologists and optometrists. Our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction and other total eye care or specialty offerings. With eight Inland Empire locations we are committed to delivering both medical and surgical services in a convenient, community setting.
The culture at Inland Eye Institute is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments. With over 200 employees across all Inland Empire locations, we believe in One Team, All In.