Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a Clinic Scheduler within our Patient Access department.
This position is based in our Bloomington clinic. Hours are Monday through Friday with varying shifts from 7:30am-5:00pm.
The Clinic Scheduler is part of our scheduling call center and takes inbound calls from patients and customers. The position is responsible for the scheduling and registration of all clinic appointments, providing a positive first impression of MEC and being knowledgeable in complex scheduling scenarios and insurance plans. This includes answering calls quickly, entering demographic information, scheduling, and providing appointment instructions to patients.
- Obtain and enter accurate patient demographics, including insurance information
- Schedule and reschedule of clinic appointments accurately as needed
- Complete patient registration via phone at the time of scheduling
- Adhere to call metrics and meet expected quality call recording standards and guidelines
- Maintain patient portal questions regarding scheduling and registration and contact patients back to schedule their requested appointments
- Receive and complete all tasks sent through the Electronic Health Records
- Monitor referral for consultation requests and contact patients back in a timely manner to schedule the requested appointments
- Monitor Vital Interactions reminder calls and coordinate recalls
- Monitor practice voicemail and respond to messages in a timely manner
- Complete Referring Doctor Requests (RDRs)
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school education with one-two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience with a high focus on customer service, insurance plans, and medical background. Ophthalmology experience a plus.
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.