Minnesota Eye Consultants (MEC) is one of the premiere eye care practices in the nation. We believe in One Team, All In. The culture at MEC is one of excellence and teamwork. We are passionate about patient care and dedicated to improving quality of life through life-changing vision procedures and treatments.
MN Eye Consultants is currently hiring for a full-time ASC Support Specialist for our Ambulatory Surgery Center in Minnetonka.
The ASC Support Specialist provides support to patients by handling surgical patient calls, triaging patient concerns, answering general patient phone calls and medical administrative responsibilities such as patient paperwork to ensure superior patient care. The ASC Support Specialist assists in ensuring that surgical patients are medically optimized for their procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes preoperative surgical calls.
- Ensures surgical chart is complete (H&P, blood work, EKG, IOL pick, surgery order).
- Confirm cornea/sclera donor tissue requests and/or cancellations for surgical procedures.
- Assist in administrative functions of the surgery center such as checking in patients, prepare surgical charts for check in and turning over rooms.
- Other ASC duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in medical field preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current BCLS required or must be obtained within the first 60 days of employment
At MEC, our areas of expertise range from cataract surgery and premium lens implants, treatment of corneal disease and glaucoma, oculofacial and aesthetic services, to LASIK – laser vision correction. Our mission is to preserve, restore, and enhance vision through research, teaching, and providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to patients.
MN Eye Consultants and Northwest Eye Clinic are now sister companies under Unifeye Vision Partners! To view employment opportunities at all of our locations go to www.unifeyejobs.com
Unifeye Vision Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Sterile processing technician, instrument technician, central processing